SAFE TA Virtual Meeting Schedule
Time: 1pm – 3pm
January 25th, 2022
The purpose of this phone call is to provide a supervisor specific technical assistance call to cover the following topics.
- Review of the Supervisor role in the SAFE home study process
- Review the Supervisor Flow Chart
- Discuss when the Supervisor should be meeting with the Home Study Practitioner (HSP)
- Identify what should be discussed during supervision of the SAFE process
- Discuss what is required and what is best practice
- Q&A regarding the Supervisor role and the SAFE process
April 26th, 2022
SAFE for Relative/Kinship home studies
The purpose of this call is to discuss using the SAFE tool with relatives.
- Discuss using SAFE for Relative/Kinship Home Studies
- SAFE does not incorporate an approval or denial component
- The role of the HSP is to be collaborative and supportive of the family
- SAFE provides each family with an objective home study assessment
- By using SAFE, the agency is more prepared to support the relative/kinship placement
- Connecting with professionals who are familiar with the family
- Introduce the new Home Study Preparation tools
August 23rd, 2022
The purpose of this call is to discuss and provide tips to help the HSP navigate the interview process.
- Discuss how to introduce the SAFE home study process to the family
- Using the SAFE Home Study Preparation tools
- Building trust with the family
- Starting where the Applicant is
- Starting with non-intrusive topics
- Discuss using the Interview Worksheet to assist in developing an interview plan
- Meeting with Supervisor to discuss comfort level in covering topics
- How to interview for the information required in the Psychosocial Evaluation
- Being aware of any personal bias
- Project Implicit – implicit.harvard.edu
December 12th, 2022
The purpose of this training is to review examples of the home study report. DCF staff and/or eWisacwis staff member present to answer WI specific questions.
- Review the SAFE Home Study Report
- Outline the information required in each section
- Review the Psychosocial Narration Instructions
- Discuss where and how to capture final Desk Guide ratings and Mitigation ratings
- Provide examples of well written Psychosocial Evaluation narrations
- Bundled 2 paragraphs, 1s, 3s/4s/5s with mitigation
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
More Details on the SAFE Technical Assistance Virtual Meetings
WCWPDS is teaming with the Consortium for Children, owners of the Structure Analysis Family Evaluation (SAFE) standardized home study tool, to offer SAFE Technical Assistance (TA) virtual meetings. The goal is to help workers with interviewing and other common struggles with the tool. This is for all users of the SAFE tool. Supervisors are encouraged to attend with their workers.
A SAFE trainer will lead the discussion. The first hour of the meeting is Q&A with an opportunity to ask general questions. The second half will focus on engagement, time management, and preparing for meeting with the family.
To register and receive the meeting information please contact: Becca@consortforkids.org
Submitting questions beforehand is welcomed and encouraged. Please emails questions or areas to review to Becca@consortforkids.org
If you have any event related questions, please email WCWPDS at email@example.com